Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Shauns is leaving

Right before I left, I sent out this e-mail to almost 100 people. I misspelled my own name in the message title.


March 12, 2006
Off I go!

Hello all, I will be leaving for my three months in Africa in a little over two and a half hours. I'm heading to the train station to catch my first "flight" with Swiss Air, which is in fact a bus to Montreal. I have two huge suitcases filled with school supplies, teaching tools, books and a little wee bit of clothing! I hope that both airlines (Swiss Air and South African Air) will transport these heavy bags and that they make it to Lesotho with me. I have packed some really important items (socks, kids books, my teddy bear) in my carry-on, just in case.

I don't know how often I will get access to the internet, but anytime I do, I will send an e-mail out and let you know of my adventures. Before I go, I just wanted to send out an e-mail to thank any and all of you for your help. So many of you have reached out an given support, advice and hugs in the weeks leading up to this trip. Those of you who donated school supplies, books, toys and money have been a huge help to me and my projects. Please feel free to e-mail me. As many of you know, I will be living in a mountain community with no electricity or running water (therefore, no e-mail!), but when I go into town for supplies, I will hopefully have internet access, and will be happy to read about all of you! I can't wait to get started, and I'll be in touch.

I will certianly be making a presentation in June, with photos, stories and memories - I'll let you know when it's happening!

Thank you to all,

Take care and peace

No comments: