Saturday, April 28, 2007

Masefatsa and Relebo Sing in English and Sesotho

Masefatsa and Relebohile (it's a common boys' name meaning "we are grateful") spent a lot of time in my hut, playing with me, and often performing for me. They are the granddaughter and great-nephew of the principal of Mahlekefane RC (Roman Catholic) Primary, 'M'e Ratia. They were absolutely adorable and treated each other like brother and sister.

Here they are singing in the hilariously bastardized English of rural Lesotho (I don't know how they got the lyrics for this strange song)


And this is them singing in Sesotho

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you. i sumtimes find myself moaning about how hard my life is how im being treated and i forget how my girl karabo does everyday i cant even do for one lousy hour.she has so much love to not even complainon at she does. funny thing is im older than her. thank you for wat u did and 4 the clip. mosoth girl like me says "iam proud to be a mosotho no matter wat as long as i got music in me ill overcome every thing.