Saturday, April 28, 2007

My little abuti

I'll still spontaneously start to cry when I think about my little Relebohile. I've never fallen in love with any person as quickly as I did with this little guy.

I can't believe how much I miss him.

I think about him several times a day and wish I could have brought him home with me.

It gives me so much comfort to know that my Basotho "mother" has agreed to adopt him when his own mother dies (his father has died of AIDS and his mother is on ARVs for full-blown AIDS as well).

When I took him to an AIDS clinic to be tested (thank goodness, he is negative) he sat on my lap for the whole car ride, thrilled as could be. He'd never been in a "koloi" before.

So many times, when I am doing something interesting, or even just doing something I do every day, like climb a stair case, take an elevator, walk down a busy street, watch TV, I think about what he'd think, how excited he'd be.



No comments: